Regardless of the size of your business, and however big you become, your company name and brand will be one of your most valuable assets.
Your name and brand represents your business. You spend a lot of time and money designing your name and logo, building goodwill with your customers and suppliers, but…
- Have you started to trade using a name or brand identity that is the same or similar to someone else?
- What if someone else starts to trade using a similar name?
- What if you want to franchise or sell your business in the future – how can you secure the most value from your brand?
You need to protect your investment and put yourself in the best position to leverage its value.
The most effective way to protect your name or brand is to register it as a trade mark. This:
- helps you to confirm the uniqueness of your name/brand;
- makes it much easier to stop someone copying or trading off your name/brand;
- allows you to use the ® logo which acts as a deterrent to third parties; and
- will make it easier to sell, franchise or license when your business achieves its full potential.
We can help you by:
- filing trade marks on your behalf in the UK, Europe and Internationally depending on the size of your business.
- providing “clearance checks” to see whether your chosen name is available before you go ahead with a new launch which could save you the cost of re-branding if your name has already been taken.
- advising on how to design your name/brand to best secure a trade mark registration.
- helping deal with disputes and challenges to your trade mark and/or name/brand.
If you would like to arrange a free initial discussion on any aspect of registering your trade mark then please contact us.